SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tashamh2

Schluter Edge Instead of 4 inch Granite Backsplash

Tasha Harris
11 years ago

Hi GWers!

I'm still hanging in there after close to 4 months of renovations. It's amazing how I've gotten used to living in dust and debris. Thank you so much for your advice on dealing with my contractor. We are in a much better place now. The basement apartment is pretty much completed and now they are working full-time on the kitchen. See pic if it came through.

I need some guidance on Schluter edge systems. I plan to have a glass tile backsplash that will terminate on the wall opening up to the dining room with a Schluter edge running along the exposed side. However, my architect is trying to convince me that I need either a 4" granite backsplash on the sink wall or a Schluter edge between the countertop and the glass tile so that the glass tile grout doesn't get grimy. I'm not feeling the 4" granite backsplash AND the glass tile backsplash, but can't seem to find pictures of a countertop with a Schluter edge system. I know Badgergal used Schluter for the edge of her tiles. Does anyone have any pictures of Schluter edge being used in lieu of a 4" granite backsplash?

I hope everyone is doing well.

Tasha

Comments (8)