SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieb1967

color ideas for kitchen cabinets

julieb1967
13 years ago

Hi everybody! I am new to this forum, but have found lots of inspiration and help, however, I have a somewhat particular situation that I unfortunately have not seen anyone chat about...Both me and my husband are paralyzed adn use manual wheelchairs. Because of this, we tend to make a LOT of scuff marks on the lower cabinets in our kitchen. Since we need as much low reach space as possible we can't simply remove all our base cabinets. We are removing the ones under the sink and the cook top in the island...but the others are painted a very pretty antique whitish color, but they show the scuff terribly! I am thinking about going with a very dark/almost black or espresso chocolate kind of color. What do you experts think? We can't afford to change the cabinets at this time. I have seen some beautiful cabinets on this forum in the BM Bittersweet Chocolate and others...I think this would be great. We have a pretty large, open kitchen lots of windows and light, so I don't think we would be too closed in looking. I do have all black appliances right now and am hoping to find a side swinging wall oven that I will change out and a cook top. But the dishwasher and frige will probably stay for a while longer. Any advice? I surely appreciate!!!

Oh, the main reason I hesitate on the black cabinets is a couple people have told me they think they would show every scuff/ding badly. So, I am at a loss for what to do!

Comments (9)