SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

Nice score at Salvation Army today :)

mahatmacat1
15 years ago

Some of you all may know my horrible thrift shop habit...so we were driving in town today and we passed a Salvation Army -- I didn't even know there *were* S.A.s in our town (plenty of Goodwills) -- on a whim, we parked and went in.

Looked around, didn't find anything thrilling, then as we were about to leave I spied a very interesting looking loveseat, with the (gaudy) stripes of the fabric all lined up...upon closer inspection it looked cool, and virtually brand new. Furniture was 50% off today, so from amid the oak and Haitian cotton and chintz monstrosities I plucked, for $40, what turned out to be a Todd Oldham for La-Z-Boy Snap Sofa for DD's bedroom! It's *perfect* for her room, and we're about to take out the Danish walnut sofa and chair to put in the living room anyway...she needed something, so this will be great -- you can play with it and configure the cushions several different ways -- she's excited :)

They get mixed reviews on the web for their quality of construction, but this one seems fine so far (really close to new) and the fabric is the same as in the pic I'll link to. She needs it to last for about 7 years (up to college) and then we can call it successful. Since it will most often be loaded down with clothes (let's be honest :)) I think it will be able to last that long.

We figure it was around $1K new, from seeing what's written about it. I'm happy :)

Want to see it?

Here is a link that might be useful: same fabric, stripes line up

Comments (17)