SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natashak_gw

Calling all kitchen design experts! (Pictures)

natashak
14 years ago

I'm pretty new to these forums, but I've been looking at the amazing kitchens that have been done and I think I'm in the right place.

I decided to do a kitchen renovation because I wanted to finally get tile floors in my kitchen as I have kids and dogs and hate the hardwood. My hardwood looks like it's been through a world war and not in a good way. Since I was getting tile floors, I decided it was a great time to get rid of my kitchen island with cook top and get a 48" dual fuel Wolf range put in where my double oven is. I also thought this was a good opportunity to lighten up the kitchen cabinets and replace my granite and backsplash.

So, the tile floor idea has now turned into a $46K kitchen renovation. :)

I'm drawn to light cream cabinetry and black counters (in granite or soapstone). I also love travertine tile in a light ivory color for the floor.

Our house is pretty new (6 years young), so we are going to use our existing cabinetry. We're going to be losing 5 cabinets near the double oven for the Wolf range and hood, but will be adding small 12" ones on either side of the range and getting rid of the breakfast bar and adding cabinets under that.

I'm going to have an island made in a dark cherry to match the rest of the furniture in my house. It will likely have a carrera marble top.

Here are some pictures of my kitchen from a few angles. I would love your thoughts from your own experiences and advice on colors.

Many thanks, in advance!

From breakfast nook:

From the opposite side:

One more view:

Comments (8)