SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisakitch

Update on last week's granite disaster posting

lisakitch
13 years ago

Thanks again to all who responded to my posting last week when my granite was mis-cut. It was interesting that I got the full range of advice from demand a new stone to, (gently) get over it. I chose to keep the stone and seek compensation because athough it would have been special to have it done properly it is still quite lovely and I hated the idea of wasting it. Today I learned that the kitchen designer was unable to convince the granite guy (the slab and fabricating is from same place) to give me any refund. His position is that I am wrong, that he did what I wanted. Gee, I guess I forgot what I wanted?????

Anyway, the KD says she learned a lesson and is sending me a check for what amounts to about 10% of what I paid for the granite. I feel badly that it is coming from her and not him, but it is appropriate and shows alot of class on her part. I told her I learned a lesson too, which is that when a man says he knows what I want, don't believe him! Somehow I should know this at my age (sorry guys!)

The link below gets you to some before and after photos of my tiny galley kitchen redo for those who are interested. I think for a 7 x 10 space it is a major transformation.

As you can see it's not totally finished. Like I need to pick a paint color already!

Thanks again for all the support!

Here is a link that might be useful: Before and after photos

Comments (18)