SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hosta_house

Opinions please

hosta_house
16 years ago

I started on this small 16x12 dining room this fall (sorry no before pics) and had to tear out a built in closet where the china cabinet is now that was probably installed in the 40's (not much closet space in a 100 year old home)

Please pay no attention to my early xmas decorating attempt on the chandelier as the feathers and ornaments were taken down per your advice and my partners demands.

My partner prefers apartment dwelling with no yard to care for and had white walls and contemporary (white)furniture in his former space, so we went round and round on paint color choices. I would have prefered bolder colors but settled for the lightest gold to compromise.

When I bought the table and chairs it came with the off white damask upholstery and for now I bought some runners to match but I think I should have them reupholsterd soon, do you agree? Do you think there is too much negative space above the buffet or is the tapestry enough? I left the blinds up for now as this window is located near a road that also gets foot traffic and I don't like to keep the drapes closed however I'm not sure if this looks alright, any suggestions? I like the muted colors in these St. Clement plates but I'm not sure if they should be displayed this way, any suggestions here?

Sorry I've gave too much info and made this so long but any guidance would be appreciated.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)