SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

No questions, just some update photos

redroze
15 years ago

I don't need any questions answered (for ONCE), nor do I need any replies. I just wanted to share some of the latest photos to anyone who's been keeping track of my posts and so all of you who have helped so much can share the process with us.

The latest updates on our kitchen reno are:

- We are getting the range hood cover raised (and cut) and adding the trim, as per our designer's suggestion.

- Some of the cabinets were redone and the white paint looks different from the rest of the cabinets. They will have to be resprayed. Some of the hinges need to be adjusted.

- The granite install happens this Thursday (woohoo) and we're checking out the cut pieces tomorrow. Will post pics after they're in...crossing fingers that it all goes smoothly.

- Pendants were ordered and should come in a few weeks. Same deal with the Ann Sacks backsplash.

- After cabs, crown molding and granite are all in, and appliances and sinks, we get the last coat of poly on our floors.

- Then we need to purchase window treatments, kitchen table and chairs and barstools.

Phew, that's it! Still feels like a long way to go. The demo was in mid-May. Hopefully I'll be posting our "kitchens at work" photos soon enough. Cabinets and floors are super dusty...we're buying a better vaccuum head to clean up the cabs tomorrow.

Our designer balanced out the sink window by putting the glass cabinet on the right. A valance will go above the window as well as crown molding. Outlets will be mounted under cabs...plugmold I think.

{{gwi:1931312}}

Open shelves weren't installed in the ideal way, the screws should have gone in more obscure places. We'll have to put white caps on them.

{{gwi:1942674}}

View of the sliding doors and big window that will be a challenge to do window treatments due to the height differences. A round table will go in front of the regular window.

{{gwi:1942675}}
{{gwi:1942676}}

Open shelf detail above hubby's desk area.

{{gwi:1942677}}

This hole runs piping all the way down...

{{gwi:1942678}}

...to the bottom drawer of my pantry so all the computer stuff is hidden. Of course it's hubby's idea. We have twice as much storage from our previous layout so I could spare it.

{{gwi:1942679}}
{{gwi:1942680}}
{{gwi:1942681}}

The column that we've had to make peace with, since it's holding up our house after all!!

{{gwi:1942682}}

Distance between island and perimeter is 38" rather than 40" due to the way the pipes ran under the floors for the prep sink. We lost some space in the "kitchen" prep area but we did gain in on the other side for where most people will hang out anyway.

{{gwi:1942683}}

More pics.

{{gwi:1932349}}
{{gwi:1942684}}
{{gwi:1931313}}

Comments (19)