SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ash6181

Design Challenge - Home Office

ash6181
10 years ago

Hi everyone:

I'll be changing jobs at the beginning of 2014. At my new job, I'll be working remotely from my home (exclusively). I have a spare bedroom that I'm working to convert to a home office, and its pretty much a blank canvas. Right now, the walls are painted white and there are medium stained oak hardwood floors. There is one window in the room.

The things I know I want in the room are a desk, a desk chair, a comfortable side chair (probably with an ottoman), and a dresser (I use the closet in the room for my clothes and need some extra space). I don't have a lot of files or anything to store, but a bookcase or other storage space might be nice. I'd also like to replace the current flush mount lighting fixture, but I probably need another flush mount fixture. I'll also need other lighting - a desk lamp and probably a lamp at the side chair. The window will also need new blinds/curtains and I'd like an area rug. I'm open to any other ideas. I'll be working on my laptop a lot and making frequent phone calls.

I'm starting from scratch as far as furniture and accessories. However, have picked out some posters for the wall that I plan to have framed. I've had my eyes on these for a while.

These are WPA inspired travel posters for some national parks. My husband and I enjoy traveling and have been to all of these parks, and I think they're a nice reminder of our trips. I'd like to use these as the jumping off point for the rest of the room, but I'm having a hard time getting started.

So what would you do? What pieces would you purchase to get started? There is no set budget. I'm glad for any help you can give me. Thanks!

Ashley

Comments (17)