SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyto4boys_gw

Bright White and MORE ?'s

mommyto4boys
16 years ago

Still picking clors for our new build, getting down to the wire!

We have 8" baseboards, large casements, wainscot, archeways trimmed, crown (AKA lots of trim). Sigh for those who hate it, but I'm painting most of it "white." My parents cringe about anything "wood" not being stained. Anyways, how many suggest "white, white, bright white" and how many suggest a "different white." There are a million to choose from. Those who have a favorite white...please share for trimwork areas.

Also what about ceilings? We have some trays and some with beams. Do you like white ceilings or colored...do you suggest 50% of the wall color?!

We are looking at BM's concord ivory for a lot of the open kitchen, family, great room areas. I wanted SW's blonde, but it didn't look at all "yellow" in my home. So, if I go with the BM concord ivory in the great room. There is like a tray/soffit on two of the open wall ares to outline the family room area. Inside of the tray will be painted crown and then 3 dark cherry stained beams on the ceiling that meets into the crown. Then there are recessed lights in rows between the beams. Would you have A). White ceilings B). 50% less of concord ivory C). Go darker on the ceiling area.

Akso, still looking for suggestions for a nice creamy color for my kitchen island, desk, range hood, pantry door and window panels. We will have cherry cabinets for the other cabinets in the same room. I want a nice creamy, not just white color. The areas will be glazed too.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

Comments (13)