SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
divamum_gw

Kitchen Paint-challenged (pix)

divamum
16 years ago

Howdy all -

The folks on the kitchen forum suggested I come and post my woes over here...

We're knocking a small kitchen and tiny dining area together as part of a larger rehab - on a crazy-tight budget, not at all by the way - and while I managed layout, structure and amazing bargain shopping without flinching, paint, knobs, and backsplash have made me CRAZY.

I finally picked the backsplash which is helping narrow things down, but now that I'm to "paint" I'm strugggling.

House is a small, 1928 bungalow - more cottage than Craftsman, but definitely not modern at all. The kitchen style is what I"ve dubbed "garage sale chic" - ecclectic, with a nod towards period elements and trying to respect the house's era and inherent styling, but not a vintage/period kitchen.

Here is the counter, floor tile and backsplash sitting on top of the natural maple cabinet wood:

Here are some (existing) valances I quite like, although I'm not married to using them. However, I feel that somewhere in all this there MUST be a palette ... I just can't find it :)

And here's the backsplash/wood with some paint samples I"ve been playing with. Some better than others, but none of them are completely wowing me yet:

Any ideas would be warmly appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Comments (23)