SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
octoberdana

Help with new living room window coverings

octoberdana
10 years ago

My living room has had the same chocolate curtains on them for 7 years and I'm sick of looking at them. The walls are tan color Valspar Oregon Coast. The floors are a bamboo wood stained a cherry. My fireplace is brown granite, but the other furniture in the room is black or black-brown. Trim is white. Living room sits right off of kitchen which is painted the same oregon coast except for one red wall, cherry cabinets, and lighter tan flooring.

I am thinking of ordering wood blinds for the living room because I need a better way to control light. The TV is wall mounted and right now the curtains stay closed all the time because there is no easy way to open and close them. Thought about doing cellulars but think they aren't really what I'm looking for since they aren't really good for light control.

I have selected 2.5" wood blinds from JCP that I would like to purchase (I have gift cards). I'm trying to decide between bisque, dark mahogany, and rich walnut.

Bisque would most likely match the trim, but afraid it might be too bedroomy or kitcheny. Dark mahogany is really dark but would probably match the black furniture best. Rich walnut is what I'm leaning towards but afraid of introducing a new wood tone into the living room.

http://www.jcpenney.com/for-the-home/sale/view-all/jcp-home%25e2%2584%25a2-2%25c2%25bd-wood-blind/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003310216&catId=cat1003040005&deptId=dept20022800026&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null

I'm really open to suggestions. I do eventually plan on softening the look with sheers on the sides.

Comments (9)