SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susied

I'm back, Need layout help; Pic Heavy!

Susied3
13 years ago

OK, you all, I'm back, and need your help, as before, but unfortunately, we are

basically starting over.

Not to go into a long dramatic story, but at the end of the year, I had to put it on

hold because of health issues (again) and wasn't ready until April to get back

into the groove.

And the only reason I'm telling you all that info, is because we had a FANTASTIC

thread going at the time I had to quit, and it being sudden, I didn't save the thread,

or bookmark the URL. Now, it has vanished, and I've spent months trying to find

it, but to no avail. I saved some of your ideas, so I will be putting them here, but

some of you had some creative layouts that had just appeared in the end.

If you remember, my main concern was my grandkids being able to interact on

a regular basis, and baking is something we do a lot of. So, there was an empty

space I was trying to incorporate an area for them. During my illness, DH pointed

out that since the grandkids are not here ALL the time, maybe we should close

that part off and make it an area of my own. And, turn one of the bedrooms into

a playroom for the kids. They hang out IN the kitchen anyway, so he feels it would

become useless, much as it is now.

With all that being said, I would also like to say that if walls need to be put up,

moved, or taken down, that is a possibility.

Also, in most ALL of your plans, you suggest to put the Refrigerator at the end

run of the cabinet wall, while I always put the range near the end of the run. I just

want you to take that possibility into consideration while looking, because the

existing cabinets, (which we are using) are custom built in, and they are an odd

size, and although DH thinks he could move them without damaging too much,

since we are reusing them, I'm reluctant. But, if y'all think it's the only good way,

then I will submit to trying it. :) (see how much I trust y'all?)

There are a lot of pictures on photobucket if you have the time to take a look and

see what I'm talking about the existing cabinets.

A reminder, I have a 36"R and 36"F, a gaggenue 30" oven, the 55" range. I have bought terracotta for my flooring.

Just a reminder, I plan on reusing my cabinets and only having an island built, if an island is the way to go.

Thanks again, round two, and hopefully final round!

Here is the footprint as of now. We have taken out the fridge and ovens, and I will post pictures for your input on where to put the range.

Here is one of Rhome's plans which was on the last thread.

Here is the "range", first at the end of the cabinet run, then moved over more to the middle. What I don't like about it being closer to the middle is how I feel a bottleneck. As the family was playing with it yesterday, it seemed as if We all got scrunched in the corner, while when it is farther down, I feel out of the way.

Comments (5)