SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tansunny_gw

can we talk about rugs in the bedroom?

tansunny
13 years ago

We previously had carpet in our combined living/dining room, hallway and all 3 bedrooms. We are in the process of putting furntiture back in the rooms, but I need to find some area rugs for the bedrooms first.

We have chosen pretty intense wall colors (in the master bedroom-Sherwin Williams Reflecting Pool, and in the back bedroom-Sherwin Williams Rose`. We chose these colors because they complement the patterned comforters/bedspreads for those rooms.

Anyhow, I just to do solid colored rugs. Perhaps a chocolate brown, light beige, or ivory. My question is, in bedrooms, do you typically just have runners in the walkways of the rooms, or do you use a larger rug as an anchor under the bed that has enough room at the footboard and sides of the bed to walk around?

Our rooms are not large. The master is 10x12 and the smaller bedrooms are 10x11. An 8x10 area rug would take up most of the room and defeat the purpose of paying 2 grand to get the floors finished. However, a smaller 5x7 rug would likely be too small to fit completely under the bed and still have walkways.

What is the standard way to decorate with rugs in bedrooms?

Comments (11)