SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristin_macphail

9 months and 3rd set of cabinet doors and still not happy

Kristin MacPhail
12 years ago

SO going to try make a really long story somewhat short.

Last October I started a kitchen remodel and small 250 sq feet addition(mudroom/office are).

Needless to say we still do not have a completed kitchen or addition. Everything seems to go wrong.

The biggest problem has been the cabinets. doors first came in with wrong beading then came in partial overlay when they were suppose to be full overlay. They have now done a sample of what they can do for full overlay. it will never be what i want (and actually my original thought had been inset...talked myself out of b/c I was told they would have more flaws) and the quality is very sub par. Oh yes and its taken over nine months an they still arent done and the mudroom area was never started.

on top of these problems we have found some major leveling oroblems etc.

Had another contractor take a look just to see options. He uses walzcraft doors. He also could swap out my drawers and use the soft close mechanisms as well as the soft close hinges. That this can be down within a month. He did confirm some of my concerns that certain ares have a 2 inch frame and will never be as close as I want.

This being said anyone have thoughts. do I stick it out with the cabinet guy and current contractor. Do I use walzcraft do I seek out someone who might hand make. UGH so so angry Any suggestions help etc

Comments (2)