SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwrede

Baby on the way - How does that affect kitchen design choices?

mwrede
13 years ago

I was active on the forums a few years back when we ended up giving our last kitchen a facelift. We have since moved and are 2 years into our house remodel. The kitchen is our last major project - kind of wish we did it first.

I am attaching some pics: the cabinets are beat up, weird island shape with too many recessed lights above, we have horrible white laminate counters and very basic white appliances. We are getting rid of the soffits and would still like to do whitish cabinets with a dark island and/or desk area and are hoping to make the wall that currently houses the refrigerator the focal point with a range and hood above - if we find a way to vent it. I'll post more about our layout dilemmas in a different post.

Anyhow we have a baby on the way - our first -due mid December. I need to finalize the kitchen plans asap so we can get started soon - of course some days I think I am crazy for doing this right now. I am not sure if in planning this kitchen I am taking into account how having a baby will affect things. What would you guys advice us to think about in terms of appliance choices, safety etc. I am clueless. Thanks for any input!

Here is a link that might be useful: 1st floor and kitchen

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths