SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reno_fan

Merry Christmas to me.....a bargain score!

reno_fan
15 years ago

No one else besides you all will much appreciate this, but for me, this year, this is HUGE. DH has been in/out of the hospital for months with horrible kidney stones. He finally went in for surgery, and thankfully is finally on the road to recovery. Even with insurance, our co-pays are hefty, and our budget for Christmas this year is the smallest it's been since we were first married. I mean *painfully* small.

I'd been in the dumps because I didn't have a tree. Our artifical one gave up the ghost a few years back, and for the last couple years we've done real trees. Right now DH can't lift anything, and the thought of spending anywhere from $30-$90 for a real tree, or even that much for an artificial was really weighing me down.

Well, I went to a thrift store today, and look what I found for only $5!

(Ignore the alien hound in the background....)

It's *9* feet tall, and fits in our living room perfectly! It's a pre-lit tree, and there are a few burned out bulbs, but honestly, I don't even care. I have tons of lights that I can string on it, or I can use a bulb finder to replace the missing bulbs. Either way, for only $5, I couldn't be happier.

It was in an ENORMOUS green bag, completely disassembled, so I sort of bought it by faith, hoping that it would work out. I figured that a bag that big would be worth the money by itself! I almost fainted when I asked how much the tree was, and the store worker told me that all of their Christmas trees are $5. They had some really cruddy ones, and I can't believe this one was lumped in with rest.

It totally made my day, and succeeded in putting me in the mood (finally) for Christmas!

Comments (50)