SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tbipp

Please help with pedestal sink decision .. .

teresa_b
16 years ago

We're in the midst of building a new home (rustic elegant lodge style), and for the powder room I decided I did not want a vanity-felt it was too large for such a small space and pedestal sinks are so reasonably priced. Floor is an unglazed terra cotta, 13 x 13 and I'm struggling with the mirror over the sink. I prefer something more vintage and if I go with a white painted medicine cabinet, it looks Hamptonish. Could I go with a wooden, shaker style even though nothing else is wood in the bathroom? The light fixture above the mirror is woodsy-looks like a branch and has three globes handpainted with pine needles and pine cones. I'm sure you are all going Yuck by now, but after looking at countless magazines of white, neutral bathrooms, I wanted character.

Sorry to be blathering on for so long--I guess I am almost ready to give up and have a vanity made by the cabinet maker as I am struggling with this darn mirror/medicine cabinet above the pedestal.

Thanks to all in advance. You have been helpful before and I am sure I will be visiting this site a lot as we get closer to move in.

Teresa

Comments (9)