SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Window blind woes; please help with advice

caroline94535
16 years ago

I hung the Levolor cordless "Lightmaster" mini-blind on the 35" bedroom window. It's an inside mount and just fits. It looks great.

The other bedroom window is a 46"-wide slider window and it's not great.

I ordered the same cordless Lightmaster blind, but split; it has two blinds on one rail. I can raise the right half of the blind, slide the window open to the left and then have the right blind up, down, open, or closed, while the left side can stay closed.

This window is designed differently from the double hung window. The inside of the frame is slanted. There is no way the inside-mount blind will fit inside this window frame.

Here's my choices...

1. Leave the 35" window as is, with the inside-mounted blind.

2. Order an outside-mount non-split blind for the 46" window, mount it on the trim work, and call it good.

3. Order an outside-mount, split blind...or a standard, one-piece blind.

I'm not psyched about the split blind. If the window is closed there's nearly a 1/2 gap of open glass on the right hand window. Sorta negates the reason for having "blinds." LOL When the window is open, it looks fine. The left side of the blind covers both center rails. The window is shut far more than it will be open. This window opens to the sunporch.

4. I can order an outside-mount blind for the 35" window to so both window treatments will "match." I can use the extra inside-mount blind in the office. It has only one window and this blind will fit.

...or I can have one inside and one outside mounted blind in the same room.

So, do I change both blinds to outside-mount, or do I have one in-side and one outside-mount blind in the same room?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022