SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmcg_gw

Ceiling mount pot rack - hang em high?

kmcg
12 years ago

I would love to put a small pot rack in my kitchen, and the previous owners left two really substantial hooks in the ceiling from their own pot rack. But they had a table under theirs, and we don't plan to, which raises two questions.

First, the function question: I'm trying to figure out if I could comfortably use a pot rack when it's installed so the bottoms of the pots are just within reach - that way they would clear our heads if we walk underneath. I know I don't need to be able to grab the actual hook, but is it enough just to reach the bottom of the pan?

The aesthetic question is whether it would look dopey to have a pot rack hanging just past the end of a small peninsula - not quite in the middle of the room, but close. I have a hunch there's some "rule" that the rack should be over something. Have any of you broken this rule? (And yes, I can bite the bullet and move the hooks, but these things are monsters and in there really securely. It would be great to be able to leave the ceiling alone!)

Would appreciate thoughts/experiences you care to share.

Comments (4)