SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hydrangea_luvr

WHO are you and what have you done with my husband?

hydrangea_luvr
13 years ago

I can't believe it but my husband basically has said he wants to go with the major things I want in our kitchen renovation - cherry shaker cupboards (custom made), soapstone countertops, induction range. I'm not sure what happy pill he's swallowed, but I'm stunned!

Anyway, I need help on some decisions still left to make:

FLOORING:

He's leaning towards laminate, but I'm not completely sold on that in the kitchen...not sure we can add the cost of hardwood to the budget, neither of us wants tile (I can't stand the thought of grout), he doesn't want vinyl, any suggestions? We have 2 boys (3 if you count DH), 2 dogs, live in a colder climate and our kitchen has the door everyone comes in and out (snow on feet!). I need something low maintenance.

HARDWARE: I like birdcage, but don't want to even contemplate how you would keep them clean. I'm leaning towards pyramid in iron. (Too many square lines?)

SOAPSTONE: We really want a quieter stone and are leaning towards a couple different ones on soapstones.com - Python or the Mumbai gray. Anyone have one of these? Thoughts, comments?

I guess those are today's dilemmas. Any input is appreciated!

Comments (19)