SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Mantel Greenery & Decs: Suggestions/Opinions Needed

lynninnewmexico
12 years ago

I'm frustrated and need your opinions and /or suggestions. Below are pics of my living room mantel decorated for Christmas.

NOTE: the greenery swag on the painting in NOT permanent . . . it's the problem! The rest of the mantel decs (greenery, lights, elk, candles) are staying. I like that part of it. I'm just wondering if I should cut up this new greenery swag I just bought and use parts of it on top of the middle painting , or forget it. Help!!!

Questions:

1) I do NOT want to keep the swag there like it is !!! I'm wondering if cutting it up and draping part of it at that corner would work?

2) If so, do you think that it be draped in a line across the far right third, across the entire top, mounded or what? I've seen this done before but, of course, since I'm looking for photo ideas, I can't find any!

3) Or, do you think that any additional greenery on the painting would make the mantel area too cluttered?

Lynn

Mantel area. Note high ceilings here:

Close-up of swag:

Close-up of mantel:

Close-up of elk statue on mantel:

OK, now please don't forget that I'm NOT asking if I should keep the swag up there like it is. It looks ridiculous like that! I just wanted you to see what I have to work with and get opinions before I cut it up, ruining it for anything else (LOL).

Thanks!

Lynn

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths