SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jitin_gw

Peel & Stick Vinyl Tile Issue

jitin
15 years ago

Hello,

In the last 6 weeks my life has been miserable trying to do installation of Crntel Vynil Tiles I picked up from Lowes. These are Peel and Stick tiles which I planned to install in my basement which is finished and has wooden subflooring on it. The subfloor is porous (unfinished Plywood). After reading a lot about installation and other instructions; this is what I did:

1. Cleaned up the Floor Dry. Vaccumm it many times.

2. Did use a good quality Primer (Henry) from Lowes.

3. Installed Peel and Stick Tiles in Mid Oct. (Western, MA).

This is my basement and when I am not using it usually the temperature falls to around 52 F.

We had early cold weather here and the Temp did fall into single digits and to my surprise; a lot of tiles popped up.

This was observed around 10th Nov and thats what it seems that I can literally peel off any tile easily. The back surface is tacky but not tacky enough to get stuck to the floor.

So comes part-2 of my exercise.

I peeled off all the tiles, cleaned the surface again and this Time I used Armstrong S-750 Glue as it was evident that now Tiles need glue to stick to this wooden surface.

Its cold so I made sure that Temp. is around 70 F in the basement. But in two days; many of the tiles just popped off again when it was cold.

Any help or pointers as How Should I fix this?

Thanks in advance;

Comments (5)