SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ecnyx

Making a high arc faucet and sink work in limited space

ecnyx
12 years ago

Hi All,

I have done several searches around the forum to try and answer my own question, but alas everyone has their own kitchen battle to tackle and I couldn't quite find answers to my questions. Hopefully someone can help me here...

Background:

I am doing a complete kitchen remodel, and I am still in the planning stages. My kitchen size is about 17 feet by 7 feet, but about half of that space is actually a dining area. Yes I have a small kitchen =(.

The sink area is along the 17 feet wall (no windows), and I will have a 30 inch wide sink cabinet. I am looking to buy a 25x18 sink (Blanco), and pair it with a high arch faucet, like the Delta Allora.

The dilemma:

My countertop to wall cabinet clearance came out to 20 inches. The wall cabinets are 12 inches in depth. I planned to have the height from the countertop to the base of the wall cabinets be uniform throughout the kitchen, meaning I didn't want some wall cabinets to be raised higher than others. Except that means, I only have 20 inch clearance for the sink area as well. The Delta Allora is about 15.5 inches tall, which leaves only 4 inches to the base of the wall cabinet. Is this going to be enough clearance for the faucet? Will it look too cramped? Has anyone had a similar experience? Something tells me this is not going to work.....

I really want the delta allora faucet, but I think this means I have to raise the wall cabinet above the sink area. If I do, what clearance would I need to make this work both functionally and aesthetically?

Also, with a 25x18 inch sink, the basin is about 23 by 16, would the delta allora faucet be too big for this? I could go one sink size bigger, which would be 28x18 inch sink, which means I lose 3 inches of countertop space. I will have about 26 inches to the left of the sink cabinet, and 50 inches to the right of the sink cabinet.

Lastly, I've been obsessing about this for days. I think I made some good decisions here for the kitchen fixtures, and I really don't want to shop around any more because it's driving me NUTS!!!

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

-Ellen

Comments (13)