SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy2learn

Bathroom sink faucet height: low-, mid-, or high arc?

happy2learn
10 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm curious if any of you have any complaints or praises about the spout height of your bathroom sink faucet. This may sound silly, but I have a high-arc faucet in my guest powder room and the water always seems to splash on the counter top. (It is an undermount sink and the hole seems to be set back a bit, so perhaps the faucet doesn't reach far enough into the sink?) I do love my gooseneck faucet in the kitchen, I am just not sure if I want a low, mid or high arc one in my teens' bathroom.

Again, I have a champagne taste on a soda-pop budget, so I have been looking in the big box stores and local hardware stores at the stock faucets, first. Our new stock granite vanity top was pre-drilled with 8" center holes, so of course I am limited to the more expensive widespread faucets. Most of the stock faucets at the big box stores seem to all be of the mid- to high arc variety. I think I only say one or two low-arc in stock (in the nickel finish I wanted, anyway).
I guess that is the most popular style right now. Is there a good reason for it in a bathroom that I haven't thought of? (Getting a drink out of the faucet without a cup, perhaps?) Our old bathroom faucets are all very low-arc.
Thanks for any info!

Comments (10)