SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sashasmommy_gw

Bathroom re-model pics!

sashasmommy
12 years ago

Hi All,

I've been absent from the forum for a while, things are crazy around here. But I wanted to drop in and share some pics of our new re-modeled guest bathroom. Our inspiration was "Moorish bath house" :-D

--- BEFORE ---

--- AFTER ---

Forgive the blown out lights... this room has no natural light so it was impossible to take photos without the lights on.

Bath tub is cast iron so was too heavy to get out easily. We had them paint it biscuit to match the sink and toilet. Shower curtain is from BBB.

Granite is Spectrus - went to the yard looking for a remnant of something else, and then happened upon this. The "something else" didn't hold a candle :-)

Soap dispenser from BBB, soapstone q-tip (votive) holder from World Market.

Porcelain tile but looks like natural stone. The accent tile is slate.

Coolest mirror ever from HomeGoods!

Lanterns and basket also from HomeGoods. The smaller lantern was nickel colored, so I hit it with a light shot of ORB spray paint to make it look rusty. The basket is painted in the henna style and holds washcloths and toiletries for guests (including a wooden shoulder massager from World Market... they might need one after a long flight :-)

I asked for battery operated candles on timers for Christmas.

And last but not least -- a photo my husband took of the bath house in the Alcázar in Seville. Frame from Michaels.

We had guests for Christmas and they thought it was so pretty, they didn't want to touch anything. They were like "are we allowed to use these towels or are they for decoration?" LOL

I still need to paint the trim and the door, for some reason that was not included in the bid.

Comments (26)