SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwlolo

REALLY comfortable kitchen table and chairs

gwlolo
10 years ago

Please help me with ideas for my kitchen table set up.
I envision the kitchen table to be a place not just for casual family meals and quick breakfasts but a place where people can hangout and catch up for while. Maybe play board games or card games, do homework, coffee/ wine & gossip sessions with friends and neighbors, sit down for a long prep session for canning or holiday baking, long lazy saturday mornings with brunch and coffee and the newspaper.

I am sure many of you have such tables and chairs. So tell me what kind of chairs are super comfortable for people to sit for an extended time? Cushions, arms, slanted backs - what makes it comfortable? Is your kitchen table standard height or lower?

Here is what I have so far.

Kitchen table next to the window seat at the end of the galley kitchen. I like the window seat. It is deep enough for lounging, has a nice view of the garden. The kitchen table is butcher block and really solid. Need some refinishing. The trestle legs work with the window seat. The size 54Lx30Wx30H sort of works. I am not sure if a lower height would be more comfortable for prep and tasks like homework or not. So table is not 100% certain.

Some cushy cushions for the seat and back. I also have some throw pillows.

View to the living/ dining room to the left

Comments (11)