SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Got new granite....now what?

msrose
14 years ago

This is my mother's kitchen, but since I'm living with her right now, I consider it partly mine :)

She thought she just wanted a granite counterop and tile backsplash, but now she realizes some of the other things aren't working with her new countertop. I can tell that one thing is going to lead to another, so I told her she needs to get an overall picture of what she wants her kitchen to look like before she replaces anything else. She would love to have wood floors one day, but who knows if that will happen, so I want to come up with a plan for if she get wood floors and if she keeps her white floors.

Before with white laminate countertops

After with Giallo Napoleone granite

The next thing to go will be the wallpaper. She's thinking about painting the walls BM Yorkshire Tan

Mldao's Yorkshire Tan

{{!gwi}}

She's not sure about the white stove top with the granite, but if she replaces that, she will have to replace all of the appliances. What color would you paint the cabinets if she keeps the white floors and what color would you paint them if she goes with a dark wood floor? She just bought the kitchen table, teacart and bench which are all black. Would it be too much to paint the cabinets black too?

Laurie

Comments (22)