SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sumnerfan

window treatments for dining room

sumnerfan
13 years ago

We recently, I guess we are still in the process actually, remodeled our dining room to create a more open and airy feeling in our home. I have been looking for window coverings for the dining room. I prefer simple and minimalistic. My husband wants things covered as we live on a city street. While the windows don't face the street directly, passersby and our neighbors could see into our windows if they were left uncovered. I'm a little stumped about what I should do here. I would like the dining room to maintain the relaxed, comfortable atmosphere we have in the rest of the house, but I also want it to be interesting. The dining room is painted in a blue/green/gray from SW called moody blue with a chair rail. The bottom third of the wall is painted board walk. It is a discountinued Martha Stewart color that I have used in other parts of my house.

Originally I thought I might choose the Chris Madden drapes I linked below in the sea blue. Panels only. To add texture and interest to a room filled with solid colors. But I decided they were too formal for the rest of my house.

Then I thought I might modify some existing curtains with a paisley fabric I found, but I felt that was too dark for the look I was trying to achieve.

Now I am wondering if these shades might be a good option

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140482484115&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_660wt_879

with cornice above them using the paisley fabric I've already bought.

I also want to mention that there is a coordinating stripe available that I could buy to make curtains. I'm so confused at this point.

I am including a view of the doorway to the kitchen and a view of the living room from the dining room. Please excuse our mess. We are still working to complete the project. Oh and the kitchen floor is not staying that gray and white check. It will soon be replaced with travertine tile and the walls will be painted a neutral something.

This is the before view of our dining room from the living room.

Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: plaid sea blue chris madden drapes.

Comments (11)