SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ecf1216_gw

Please help with Bianco Antico granite

12 years ago

I've fallen in love with Bianco Antico granite, and with the beautiful BA kitchens I've seen on this site, so I didn't think it would be any problem to choose our slabs when the time came.

I should have known better. Every decision throughout this process has been difficult for me (but in a "fun" way, I have to admit).

We went to several granite yards over the weekend, and found a few pieces we liked (we will need two slabs -- one for the island and one for the perimeter counters). I was surprised by how varied the pieces are. I knew there would be variation, but I wasn't expecting the differences we saw.

Of course, I know it is ultimately our decision, but I'd love to get feedback on the slabs below. I want to keep the kitchen "warm," so was planning to go with slabs that had more of the brown running through them. Are the ones I've found so brown that they don't really look like BA? Are they too "uniform"? Are the other two "too cut-up"? Am I losing my mind? Quite possibly. :)

Here are a couple of photos and thoughts:

OPTION 1: Are these two slabs too brown? Not really representative of BA? They don't have as much white as many I've seen:

{{!gwi}}

Here is a photo of the same slabs, from the side, for a different look:

{{!gwi}}

OPTION 2: Here is a pic of a different piece. I'm a little concerned that it may not have enough interest, once it's cut up for the perimeter counters. Too white?

{{!gwi}}

Here is a photo of the slab that would go with the one just above:

{{!gwi}}

OPTION 3: Keep looking. We did miss one granite yard that we will check out in the next few days.

I just re-read my post and am laughing at myself. I'm sure you can see why I'd love some input! Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Comments (14)