SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Living Room coordinating help!

16 years ago

Hi Everyone!

House isn't even finished yet (sometime in Jan.) and I can't stop thinking about decorating it! We bought furniture the other night and I'm so excited. The furniture is a rich burgundy looking, two toned color with a paisley design. Design is muted gold and sage green.... maybe a little cream. I honestly can't remember.

The furniture style was described as 'old world traditional'.

The carpet in the living room is by Shaw it's called 'Bourbon' ....root beer looking, brown. two toned.

walls will be white to start. Again, scared of paint colors. :)

We didn't buy end tables yet. The ones they had pair with the furniture had glass tops. ...

I'm having a problem coordinating everything. I'm afraid my style isn't just one. I do like the old world, victorian, romantic, traditional.... lace, crystal...

What kind of lamps would you use? I attached a link with pics (hope this works) of the furniture, lamps I like and of flower decorations I bought awhile back that I love.

What color/type of curtains. Have three windows on the biggest wall (18') I wouldn't think you'd want patterned since the furniture is. I don't think i care for heavy drapery. Sheer, lace...valance with lace...??

What about wall color?

I also don't want to make the room look real dark. Already have dark furniture and carpet. The room dimensions are 15x18. There is walkway from the foyer into the living room and another walkway opening on the other wall into the kitchen.

Have any inspirational pics?

Ideas?

Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Picasaweb

Comments (8)