SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Another small, square-ish dining room... pics...

Sueb20
16 years ago

Since I'm home sick and spending too much time online, I figured I might as well make this time productive. Here is my dining room, which needs a couple of things. One is window treatments. I recently took down a valance which was fine, but boring. You can see my WT "issues" in the pics -- I have a radiator under one set of windows, and two cabinets very close to the edges of the other set of windows. Rearranging furniture is not an option in this room. So I am looking for ideas. As you can see, it is not a formal room. I thought I could get away with no WTs, since we do have the blinds inside the window panes for privacy, but the windows seem naked without something. The other thing I have been looking for is some kind of "sideboard" to anchor that painting on the empty wall. It doesn't really have to be functional in terms of storage. I'd like to find something a little unusual, that doesn't necessarily "match" the furniture I have in the room (this room is the most "matchy" room in my house -- we tend to be more eclectic in our furnishings). I keep looking at this cute plant stand in the Wisteria catalog. I know it is a departure from the rest of the room, but I wonder if it might work if I painted it black, or even a coppery color (my light fixture is copper). The size works (I can't fit anything deeper than about 15"). So, any suggestions on all of the above? Please don't tell me to replace my furniture, rug, lighting, or paint! All are here to stay. Thanks!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: plant stand

Comments (9)