SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cactuscatie

Another TV Room Question - Pics for your Enjoyment

cactuscatie
16 years ago

My previous post asked about furniture choices for our small 12 x 9 1/2 tv room. We found a couch, loveseat and ottoman that will fit nicely. Now DH springs on me that he wants to buy a 50" plasma tv.

We've been looking for a media center and I would like everyone's opinion.

Media center wall

Couch - color is taupe with brocade detail

{{!gwi}}

Media Center 1 - DH was thinking of getting both top and bottom. But do you think the piece is a bit to big and chunky for this size room? This piece is 53" long and 22" deep.

{{!gwi}}

Media Center 2 - this one is 66" long on a 9' wall. The piece is 19" deep so I don't think it would be a problem with the doorway.

{{!gwi}}

Media Center 3 - only 63" long but 22" deep. Interfere with doorway and walking into room??

{{!gwi}}

Media Center 1 also comes in black and DH is considering black. I think it's too harsh. Opinions on color also please.

I have to mention that the common wall between the kitchen and the tv room has an opening in it. So another issue is should the woods match with the kitchen cabinet colors?

Our home was suppose to be victorian. We have lots of antiques for the other rooms. Can we mix styles since this TV room is going in another direction.

Comments (11)