SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Help me decide on my MOHAIR chair!

Sueb20
12 years ago

I am so excited to order this chair but I keep waffling on the color choices. The fabric is so changeable -- if I look at it head on, it looks like one color, and then if I lay it flat, it's a bit different... in bright light, different from in shadow. And so on. I know everything does this, but it seems much more pronounced with this fabric. The chair in the showroom was a gorgeous olive green color, but it doesn't work in my room.

I know it's difficult/impossible for any of you to make a definitive choice from a picture, but I'm headed in two very different directions, so I guess the big question is: lighter or darker? I'm worried that a darker color is going to show random dog hair (NOT that any dog will be allowed on this chair! but, you know, they walk by and fur flies around), lint, etc. I don't have much experience with mohair. Does it attract stuff like that? Seems like it might. Or maybe mohair is so magical that it REPELS that stuff?

Anyway, this is the sitting area where the chair will live.

And here is the chair we're getting. NOT getting the wood trim on the arms. It will replace the wicker chair that you see above.

And here are the samples I'm obsessing over.

Oops, sorry they're sideways. Crane your neck to read the names, if you can even see them. I'm between Root Beer, which is on the top card, right column, middle swatch... and Bayleaf, which is on the bottom card, in the very middle.

IRL, Root Beer is the same color as the leather loveseat. I love the darker, rich color, but my concern is first the lint factor, and second, if it is "almost but not quite" the loveseat color, that might bug me.

Bayleaf is basically the same color as my walls, and matches the green in the rug.

I also considered Loden, which is very dark green and is in the very bottom left corner in the bottom card.

I also considered the butterscotch color in the lower right hand corner on the top card, but in certain lights, it's almost the exact same color as the background color of the rug, and feels like too much gold.

If you're still reading, would you like to offer an opinion? I have to decide by tomorrow!

Comments (24)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!