SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threedgrad

Who is stockpiling incandescent light bulbs?

threedgrad
15 years ago

Federal law says that by 2014 incandescent bulbs will be phased out. I will be stockpiling my Thomas Edison type bulbs because I dislike CFL bulbs and according to British reports they are a health risk.

"The energy bill signed by President Bush last month aims to phase out the use of incandescent light bulbs in favor of the more efficient compact fluorescent or CFL bulbs by the year 2014. But some people say the CFL bulbs are a health risk.

British media report the bulbs have been linked to increased migraines, epileptic seizures and dizziness. One group says the bulbs can cause eruptions of existing skin problems and may even lead to skin cancer. And people with the immune system disease lupus say the bulbs cause them pain and extreme tiredness."

Fluorescent light bothers me. I notice this especially when shopping in a Target or those type of stores.

So I hope to stockpile enough incandescent bulbs so I will not have to use CFL's. The main disagreement I have with this whole legislation is that it is ridiculous for federal law to say what kind of light bulb I have to use in my home. CFL's use less electricity but not by much. So if I want to spend more on electricity because I like the regular light bulb better, isn't that my business?

Comments (62)