SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

Need a Gray with Blue-Green undertones

jockewing
15 years ago

In my mind's eye, I can see the perfect blue-green color on my living room walls. The problem is, I can't seem to find the right paint to achieve this. Sherwin Williams Rain and Aqua-Sphere look perfect on the chip, but too baby blue on the walls. I love BM Azores and Atmospheric in the Affinity colors, but I'm afraid of going that dark. It seems like it is pretty easy to pick a blue/green that works in the medium or darker tones, but when you try to go light, you end up with that baby blue effect.

Basically I want a blue with green undertones that is light, but not too light, and that won't go too aqua or baby blue on the walls. I have tried BM Wythe Blue (too cartoony aqua), Azores (lovely, but too dark for the room), SW Rain and Aqua-Sphere (too baby blue). I guess I need something with a lot more gray in it than I would naturally pick. Has anyone found a gray that turns to that soft blue-green that I am looking for?

Looking through BM's grays, a potential candidate is Colorado Gray. Also looked at some old SW strips, and Impressionist Sky and Blue Reef look good (but I bet they'd turn too baby blue). Please help, I've never really worked with grays before!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County