SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caitkf

Newbie Kitchen Remodel-Cabinet Guidance Needed!!!

CaitKF
9 years ago

Hello,
My husband and I just purchased our first home in Central FL a few months ago! We are a growing family with 3 children under the age of 5. It is a complete gut-we have done some of the work ourselves and have contracted the rest out. We have a very tight budget, but have happily made sacrifices and are enjoying every minute of it!!! Granted, we are able to continue living in our current condo so we are not forced to live in the construction zone mess.
Anyways, I am at the point of making a decision regarding kitchen cabinets and I could use a bit of expert help. Here is where I am in the process...please help me finalize a decision.
I have priced many of the cabinets suggested on this forum (Diamond,Shenandoah,Barker,Krafmaid, and a few others) all were above our budget.
I have a quote for River Run of $5,800 (much closer to our budget)
I have a quote from Kitchen Cabinet Kings for $5,200 (Ice White Shaker)
I also have a custom quote (from a local cabinet maker) for $8,500 for our kitchen. Its a pretty "no frills" custom. This quote includes all plywood construction 3/4" frame-less cabinets with installation. No soft close doors or drawers. Painted white with multiple coats (i believe 4) of a clear coat for added finish durability. Matching 5 1/4" crown molding. The cabinet maker gave me an exact cabinet list, which I have posted below. This is what I have been using to price out other brands. If we choose not to have him custom make, he will just as happily install any assembled or RTA's we choose for approx $1,000-$1,500 depending on the cabinet.

Can anyone recommend a painted white assembled or RTA cabinet of comparable quality (or better) and price (or less) to RR? Please comment on the quality of Kitchen Cabinet Kings.

Cabinets Needed:
WDC-2436
2=W-3036
W-361824
W12-36
2=W-2436
W3618
W-1536
3=B-30
B-15
SB-36
L/SB-36
2=B-24
DB-36
BLIND BASE-42
OC-3390
4=CROWN MOLDING-8'
4=FILLER-3X36
ARCH-72X8
4=PANEL-48x96
This list includes base cabinets and panels to construct a 6-7' island as well.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012