SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maggiersn

ty for earlier help plus re ? re bm white dove

maggiersn
16 years ago

Several weeks ago, you helped me decide to use eggshell (v. satin) on the walls in my low-light kitchen.

First coat on a quarter of the kitchen, and I *love* it already. You were right. I've never used eggshell before; thought it would be like using semi-gloss or something (*makes face at own silliness*). Instead, it's subtle, but reflective and uplifting. Already, I can (figuratively) breathe better, even though it's or gloomy outside lately.

So, thanks, everyone who helped!

Now...the new colors...

Wall color is BM Cream Silk (OC-115), in the eggshell.

Doors and trim are BM Marblehead Gold, semi-gloss. Due to four paneled doors, two sets of French doors, and three butted, six-over-six windows, gold presence will be strong.

I bought BM White Dove (flat) for the ceiling. (Yes, I know I'm painting backwards, walls first, but I can't do the ceiling. Hubby will this weekend & I'll just have to tape well & touch up after. Can't be helped.)

My question is...

Cream Silk is a nice warm color. Looks like French vanilla to me. On the color strip with lemon ice, a warm celery, etc.

Does White Dove have a cool undertone, or warm, or is it a chameleon?

The White Dove and Cream Silk chips looked good together in my hardware store (which has horrendous lighting) and in its parking lot. Looking at them here in the kitchen...not so sure.

I *know* BM Navajo or Linen White would be compatible with the trim and the walls, but they are *very* (too) close to the Cream Silk, IMO, and wouldn't give much contrast.

Your experience with White Dove? If you think "no", could you suggest a BM white other than Linen, Navajo or super or decorator's white?

TIA.

Comments (3)