SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lobotome_gw

Dining Large in a Small Space... Advice please

lobotome
16 years ago

I have a combination Living/Dining room that will be used several times a year to entertain in. I'm desperately in the need of a buffet which will go underneath the high window.

Now, I usually entertain 12 to 15 people at a time around the holidays and every other sunday. I would like to know if there are any formal dining tables out there that can open up to seat around 10 people, but closes up to be a 4 seater?

You see, my sister in law has an ikea table that does just that. It's definitely NOT dining room material, but I would love something similar in a more formal style. I'm definitely not super formal, I guess I like a contemporary look with a few antique pieces (I want an antique buffet).

This is erroneous info... but I figured I would say it anyway. Our plans for this room is to make it usable and comfy at times other than when I have company. We would like to make the ajoining Living Room ... more the size of a largish sitting room into a reading and wine sipping area. In other words, our two passions have been wine and books. Don't know how we'll be able to make it look right in a non-formal, contemporary-ISH home.

Comments (7)