SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amy_short1913316

Nickel or Rubbed Bronze hardware w/ light maple cabinets?

Amy Short-Jones
15 years ago

I have been pouring over all the beautiful kitchens that have been completed and posted on this forum and I've seen so many that I would love to move right into. I love the monochromatic look of creamy white cabinets and counter tops with polished or brushed nickel hardware. The problem I'm having is that I have light colored maple cabinets and they will have to stay that way. I've been to the granite yard and the granite that I really liked was giallo ornamentale - it looks really nice with my cabinets. I was thinking of a cream colored subway tile for the backsplash and the floors are already a light taupish tile. My appliances are bisque color except for a black dishwasher and there is some black on my stove. The small amount of remaining wall space and the attached dining area will likely be painted a dark red/rusty color at the suggestion of you helpful folks:)

Given the backdrop that I've put together, would it look nice with nickel hardware and lighting (two pendants over the island and some type of chandelier over the dining table) or would it look modern? I have found several inspiration kitchens with similar choices to what I have listed above that have rubbed bronze hardware so I know that it will look nice that way but it's just not what I'm hoping for. I've also considered the possibility of nickel hardware for cabinets and rubbed bronze for the light fixtures...

I'm excited about the choices I've made so far, but I am completely open to suggestions. Thanks everyone!!

Comments (4)