SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmgard_gw

In a fix... Need backsplash and other design ideas! (pics)

kmgard
14 years ago

I am flat-out of decision-making abilities. We're getting close now, just need to paint and add a backsplash! The problem is, I love my floor with my cabinets. I love my granite with my cabinets. I do not, however, love my floor with my granite with my cabinets.

I am not a designer. DH and I picked the floor and cabs before we decided to splurge on granite. I was going to go with a simple white-ish shimmery laminate, but instead we ended up with coast green granite because we fell in love with the slab! Now I'm afraid we made a terrible mistake because these three main elements do not seem to "mesh" very well together.

That's where you come in. My last hope is to come up with a backsplash and paint color that bring everything together. I'd like to stay fairly neutral (good chance we'll be moving in about 4 years), and definitely not too expensive. We're tapped. I can also coordinate with some area rugs to tone down the floor a bit if you have any ideas...

See, the floor is a laminate (we have two very wild dogs), and I liked the pattern because it hides a lot of the hair and saves me from swiffering every day (this photo is just after install, before sweeping and quarter-round molding):

I LOVE my cabinets. They're stained alder wood:

And I love the granite, coast green:

But they just don't look that great together!

Flash:

No Flash:

I don't think it's so bad that it's beyond saving, but I know when to admit that I need help with my lack of design skills. If I had it to do all over again, we'd definitely pick a more neutral floor. But it's too late for that! Can you help me??

Comments (19)