SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roobear_gw

Help with bathroom backsplash, paint, and wall ideas (pics)

roobear
13 years ago

We're still working on our first DIY entire bathroom remodel and I could use some opinions on backsplash, paint colors, and the "weird wall". This is a main hall bath that's small and very narrow 5ft x 11ft. It's still in an unfinished state with the window trim etc- toilet will go under the window, we haven't installed it yet. The floor and shower wall porcelain tile are different, the floor tile is supposed to go in color, with the river rock accent tiles in the shower.

Backsplash- The vanity is 60in and I really just want like a 6in backsplash from the wood top up to a couple inches below the mirror frame, no side splashes unless I really would need them. I was thinking about either a similar run of the same tile that's in the shower with an accent line of the river rock tile, or plain white painted wood with just the accent river rock tile as an inlet line across, or just plain white painted wood. The floor tile is also an option I could use.

I feel like I need to repeat the shower tile in the vanity area to make the bathroom look more cohesive. Would the tile look too busy or different against the wood top?

The current mirror stays, as we made it custom nailed to the wall, so we could hide the electrical outlets inside the frame. The bottom mirror frame piece hinges down for easy access to outlets.

Paint Colors- I was thinking either a very light gray or beige depending on what I do with the backsplash. I'm having a hard time finding a gray beige that would work. Or maybe just a white because anything to make the bathroom appear bigger is helpful, however my mom thought it needed color.

Weird Wall- the long wall on the right side(in first pic), to me feels like it needs something to break it up. I thought any type of wainscoting wouldn't work and just accentuate the long lines of it. I was thinking maybe some vertical square wall niches to add height and depth along with some artwork or something? I don't want to clutter the wall though.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, opinions?

Thanks

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (16)