SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyto4boys_gw

Mix it UP or stay true to one!

mommyto4boys
16 years ago

Just wondering how many of you stay true to one decorating style or do you use two or even more? Are you eclectic?

I seem to usually mix things up and enjoy that look. I'm just so nervous with all the decisions for this new home. My decorating style has evolved so much over the past 15 years. Fisrt home was contemporary and then I switched over to a more transitional with perhaps a tuscany feel. We were in AZ then. Now I find myself transitional and loving some french country some tuscan some of everything.

I know there are NO RULES, but do you think it works to mix too much. For instance for the kitchen I have decided to do the dark cherry cabinets with a cream/white painted island. Immediatley everyone thinks french country. I like the french country look, but don't plan to go overboard with it at all. DH and the boys just won't go for fussy, crystal chandeliers in the kitchen (KWIM). I would like chandeliers, but more of a rust or iron look. A rooster or two would be nice, but not everywhere. I want to do what I like, but also don't want it to look like I "missed the boat" on carrying something out.

Sorry to ramble...never knew I would have so much trouble making all these decisions. Would love to have you share!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!