SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
williamsem

Sliding backsplash - has anyone used one?

williamsem
11 years ago

So those pics of the sliding backsplash with storage behind really caught my attention. Has anyone here put one in or seen one in person?

My latest crazy idea is to use deep cabs on my short 69 inch wall and use the space in the wall between studs to make some storage areas for the mixer, blender, and maybe charging station. The "wall" of backsplash would still make a 24 inch deep countertop with the storage behind.

The reality of this is what's tripping me up. I can always just pull the cabs forward and use standard ones to reduce costs. And I know that wall is not load bearing. But I can't figure out the sliding door part. I'd prefer to keep it flush to look neat, but I can't seem to find a good solution.

I want to have some sort of plan to discuss with our GC before I bring it up. He's a great guy and I'm sure he'll be open to trying if I have a starting place. I need to have him come for a detailed estimate in the next few weeks, planning for a May remodel with inflexible dates so I need to get all my ducks lined up.

Any suggestions?

Comments (30)