SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maddiemom6

As requested, bold use of color (photos)

maddiemom6
15 years ago

I am sorry I have lost the original poster but I was asked about painting our library in a sort of blue/teal shade. Well I painted trim all last night and we are just about done with that part. To help restore some normalcy I put the room some what back together for the weekend and upcoming holiday so we could have a little break I still have a lot of work to do but thought I would share the photos.

This first photo shows the open expanse of color as I put the shelves back in. The color is SW Teacup, it's a old MS color, in Semi-gloss. As I mentioned it's a bit glossier than I would have liked but I am getting used to it.

In this photo you can see most of the books back in. I thinned out books as I returned them to the shelves. I have over 100 books ready to be taken to GoodWill tomorrow. We chose to leave the shelves natural since painted shelves even when dried for a long time tend to stick to books. I mocked it up in photoshop with the painted look and was happy to discover that I liked the wood look since when painted it tended to look like the books were floating!

This shot is of the fireplace area and the alcove over the fireplace. I am going to go in a mock up this photo with the area painted in.. but I am still undecided mostly based on the fact that i don't know what i am going to put there.

This one follows around to the right and shows the wall color.. and distressing I did on the walls. It's very warm looking and fits the age of the house quite well. That print is the only thing on the walls so far and it's just "on loan" to that spot since it came home with me today from Homegoods :)

If you went back to the left from the first photo you would end up in this corner with my husband's favorite chair.. it's really too big for the space but that is ok.. it makes him happy.. So I am happy too! The fabric on the top of the curtains if for the the new valance I am going to sew this weekend.. i want something sort of cool for the lining.. I am thinking of raw silk in the deep gold of the taffetta curtains. ( which I still need to steam out!)

My newley pimped up sofa and new pillows and front trim. I am still not sure what I want to do with the table. I cut it down from a kitchen table and the size is perfect for us, now I just have to choose how to finish it!

Last livingroom shot.. taken from my sewing room doorway. you can see past this room into the dinning room that is the next project. But i swore to myself that I would get done with this one first!

But as long as I mentioned the dinning room I shall share a bonus shot of my new chairs for in there.. they are so comfy!!

As I said.. lots of work yet to do but I am happy at how the room is coming along.

Maddiemom

Comments (13)