SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

What's your preference for windows after dark?

Jamie
11 years ago

We now have a small, traditional house with large 8 over 8 windows. I need to cover the living room windows after dark. I don't like the black glass and with the light on inside there is too much visibility for me.

But there are 4 windows with almost as much square footage as there is wall space in the room. I can't think of anything budget friendly that I really want to see that much of. By the time you hang' em high and drop them to the floor, it's more surface area than the upholstered furniture! I lean toward neutrals. That would be fine during the day, when the panels are scrunched to the sides, but isn't a whole bunch of beige faux silk gonna be pretty ugly at night ?

Also, we just had the windows painted and they are nice. All the pictures of panels I see, the panels cover up the sides of the windows so that even when the drapes are fully open you only see the horizontals and the panes, not the sides.

I tried looking at pictures of shades, and they seem to be best suited for walls of multiple windows. These windows are discrete. And I would want to mount the shade high so that no glass would be covered during the day. Wouldn't that look wierd?

Comments (16)