SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dunegirl_gw

Kitchen Layout - Your Input Please!

12 years ago

We are about to renovate our kitchen (and baths) and I would love some feedback on our plan. The house is modern and open. We are knocking out a wall between the kitchen and dining room and putting an island in its place. There will be hanging cabinets above the island for crystal, etc., and to create a visual division between kitchen and dining room.

We often have 2 or more cooks in the kitchen (our college age child is home only on breaks). When we have friends over, we gather in the kitchen to enjoy wine while I finish preparing the meal. I've noted on the drawing that we will be adding a wet bar to the alcove off the dining room. Cabinets will be in the same style as the kitchen.

Some questions I already have:

- I think I'd like a separate stove top, as I'm tired of cooking in front of a hot oven. So I was thinking of stacking 2 ovens to the right of where the stove is currently on the plan, all the way against the wall. I'd put the stove top on the island, with a downdraft vent.

- The island will be big enough to have complete cabinets on both sides, as I need the storage space. Any ideas on how to maximize storage, but get more then 2 seats on the island?

- what do you think about the placement of the island? should it be closer to the other counters?

Thank you-- all input is welcome!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (9)