SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

need feedback -- mcm powder room vanity c'slist

mahatmacat1
15 years ago

I've been looking for a good piece to use in our powder room to replace the drastically inappropriate red oak thing the PO put in there, to bring the room to the rest of our house...we'd been thinking Ikea office furniture (it's actually well made, same quality as the kitchen cabinets, which is better than anything else in the store, just different dimensions).

I found this today, and the measurements are *perfect* for what we want - I mean dead on. 48x19x30 high -- fits the alcove perfectly and will allow for a countertop piece of granite (I've got one) and a vessel sink...DH would have to macguyver the back of it a bit to allow the water pipes to come in, but it's nothing we haven't done before...

What do you all think? I can revivify the front, if there's any damage...but the price is more than I'd like to pay for a vintage piece...but it's WAY less than a new vanity, and if this is solid wood or, more likely, veneer over wood, it would be fine.

So, mcm folks, what would you say to this? What price would you offer?

Thanks! Finding something with these exact dimensions has been a challenge, and a real vintage piece on top of it...but I don't want to overpay...

Here is a link that might be useful: I could stain it darker...

Comments (22)