SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

Seeya later, alligator....

cj47
13 years ago

Well, it's time. Surgery is later this morning, and I'm just up early ruminating and, honestly, feeling a just little bit sad that I have to leave my "new" kitchen only days after it became operational! (but not done by a long shot) :-) The appliances went in over several days last week, so we had beef aracherra on Thursday, marinated chicken and risotto on Friday, and home made pizzas on Saturday to give the new ovens a spin. My daughter has made muffins almost every morning and she's lovin' that bottom oven! (She called "dibs" on it early on, if you remember) My son (who made Chex Mix on Sunday, his "specialty") teased me about 'going out with a bang', and he nailed it--that's exactly right, and so what? :-) I won't be eating much of anything for the next few weeks, so I wanted to give the new toys a workout. The Miele induction cooktop performed just as I expected--perfectly. And the Electrolux ovens baked those pizzas evenly and beautifully--no spinning halfway through required! I loved having the extra sink--you all were so right to talk me into it. I'm feeling really happy with the layout and the whole family is enjoying the new space. I just want to sit at the island with a cup of coffee and plan the next cooking adventure. Ah, well. I'll be home in about a week. So, seeya then, GW friends. Thanks for all of your good wishes.

Cj

Bringing a new spin to the word "gutless". :-) :-)

Comments (22)