SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Howard RAF & Feed N Wax question...

User
13 years ago

I know I can contact them direct through email but I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this. It's probably a no brainer but I don't know anything about furniture waxes, etc.

I've been really thinking about using Restore A Finish (RAF) on two wood pieces I have. The one was my Grammy's buffet which has great sentimental value to me and the other is my fancy french end table that I really like.

I know they say Feed N Wax is to be used after RAF to "maintain the new finish" but no where does it say you can do the RAF later in life aftr you've used the Feed N Wax.

I've seen before and after photos with great results with both products but I know there are things you need to be careful with. For example, the one door on the buffet has some odd alligator crackle going on. I don't think RAF would be good to use. It really should be stripped but I'm not about to attempt it and it's not a priority right now to find someone. I figured the wax would be good but then I'm wondering what if I wanted to try the RAF later?

Thoughts on this?

Comments (8)