SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misenplace

Dealing with a company that won't fill order?

13 years ago

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a down comforter online from a well-known bedding company. It was on clearance and was a great price, as they are discontinuing the item. I received a confirmation number for the order.

After the item did not arrive (10 days later), I called the company. They said they had emailed (that email was never received by me) to tell me that the item was "out of stock" and they could not fill my order. My credit card was never charged. However, when I checked their website that night, the item was still showing as "available" (10 days after I ordered).

We've gone back a forth for days (I've been speaking with a manager). The company is refusing to honor the sale and is unsympathetic to the fact that I believed I had purchased the item and received a confirmation number. They are instead offering me a comparable comforter but for $100 more.

I, of course, don't want to pay the addt'l $100. I think the company should honor the same fill level/warmth level for the same price (after all, it's not my problem that their system sold me the item but they are out of stock, and they DO have a comparable product they could send).

What do you think...are they obligated to honor the sale at the price I ordered? Does it warrant a complaint to the BBB if they don't?

Comments (15)